Advanced Technology and Techniques
Advancements in technology have boosted the abilities of many industries including the techniques used in and surrounding the restoration industry. These practical advancements allow the Franchise Professionals at SERVPRO of Baldwin and Monroe to restore a property back to preloss condition quickly, reliably, and more effectively.
SERVPRO Franchises adhere to strict guidelines and protocols for restoration and cleaning from The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). The IICRC S500 Water Damage Guide is a specific set of practical standards that incorporate the field of psychrometry, which involves the manipulation of temperature and relative humidity to remove moisture and dry a property quickly and effectively.
SERVPRO also provides Document Restoration Services using sublimation, a vacuum freeze-drying process that can be used to recover and restore paper files, books, and photographs, as well as blueprints, microfiche, x-rays, business archives, etc. You can always count on the team at SERVPRO of Baldwin and Monroe to provide top-notch service with technology and technique!
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.